Children love variety. Teach the song in three or four different ways to help the children remember the songs long term. Here are some ideas.
- Draw a simple melody map – the children do specific movements on certain symbols
- Paper Plates – Swish, tap, and flip flop cymbal taps in a pattern
- Rhythm Stick pattern – clicking and behind the back as you sing
- Action Word Actions – actions that show the word with our hands and actions
- Draw a simple melody map – the children figure out what the symbols mean as you sing the song
- Eraser Pass – the children one by one erase a word that is not in the song and hand it off to another child before I finish singing the song 7 times.
- Rhythm Stick Exchange – tap, tap, hold exchange as I sing.
- Paper Plates – Swish, tap, and flip flop cymbal taps in a complicated pattern.
You might also consider this activity with the CTR ring emblem.