- “Book of Mormon Stories,” Children’s Songbook, 118–19
- “Keep the Commandments,” Children’s Songbook, 146–47
- “The Iron Rod,” Hymns, no. 274 – ideas here
- “Nephi’s Courage,” Children’s Songbook, 120–21 – ideas here and here
- “I Feel My Savior’s Love,” Children’s Songbook, 74–75 – ideas here
- “I Love to See the Temple,” Children’s Songbook, 95 – ideas here, and here
- “When I Am Baptized,” Children’s Songbook, 103 – ideas here
- “Dare to Do Right,” Children’s Songbook, 158 – ideas here
- “A Child’s Prayer,” Children’s Songbook, 12–13 – ideas here
- “Easter Hosanna,” Children’s Songbook, 68–69 – ideas here
- “When We’re Helping,” Children’s Songbook, 198
- “Love One Another,” Children’s Songbook, 136–37
- “I Will Be Valiant,” Children’s Songbook, 162
- “Help Me, Dear Father,” Children’s Songbook, 99
- “Testimony,” Hymns, no. 137
- “We’ll Bring the World His Truth,” Children’s Songbook, 172–73 – ideas here and here
- “Follow the Prophet,” Children’s Songbook, 110–11 – ideas here and here and here and here
- “I Want to Be a Missionary Now,” Children’s Songbook, 168
Jamie L. Schoonmaker
thank you so very much
Sharla, thank you so much for all of the time and hard work you put into posting all of these ideas. I have benefited so much from studying/learning/using your methods, I really appreciate all you do!
I am a brand new music leader in Primary. The chorister before me used your methods and I am so excited to continue using them. I would really love to attend one of your workshops! Do you have any upcoming workshops or how do I access your schedule for workshops?
Silly me…I didn’t see the workshop link on the Home page. Thanks!
I haven’t received any weekly posts since 2/13/20. Maybe I’m behind, or there haven’t been any?
Dear Annette, I post occasionally to let people know about new blog posts, new ideas, or upcoming workshops. If you have a topic you would like me to post about, I would love to answer any questions or hear your thoughts.
I love what you are teaching! I just recently got called to be music leader so I’m new here and still trying to figure out how to use what your teaching. What is the difference between your video workshop and your book? Do you recommend one or the other to understand more in depth of how to plan and navigate the songs each week? I did the scarves last week for the first time and it went really well. I’m just unsure what to do next or if I should ever do an activity to learn words? Thanks for your time and help.
The video is of a workshop using the songs from that year… putting the principles into practice through live demonstrations. Also, there are questions from the participants about different aspects of teaching with these principles. Each video is different. The book is much more than a workshop could ever be, but it is helpful to have both since the workshops make the book come alive.